Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Peer Review

Lindsey: Your blog with the lyrics took a different directions than I had imagined! I appreciated how you replayed the evening alongside with each of the songs. Furthermore, each song contributed to a specific memory. Your writing is very clear, direct, and filled with descriptions. I would like to see you try a more abstract style, just something to play with and see what comes of it. Even if you end up not posting it, it's something new to try! The blog with the news story, really is a push for your writing and I like it! Although the story is so tragic, you really captured the drivers experience. I think this is one of my favorite posts from you.

Jesse: The flow of blog 9 was really eloquent. The whole thing was like reading a song and the flow was made clear through your use of italics and bold letters. I really loved moving in and out of your thoughts and your shift of perspective. I could be curious how it would flow without the distinct letters. The confusion could add a new tone. The lyric you chose is blog 8 was very appropriate. I enjoyed hearing your mothers story as your description made me feel as though I was actually there. I also appreciate your ability to point out mundane details in such an interesting manner. You should consider writing an entire blog that way.

Miranda: Your newsworthy blog was right up my alley. It genuinely scares me how disconnected our society has become from the food that we eat. Your writing in this blog surprised me because you stepped away from your normal poetic style. I think it would have been interesting if you wrote the blog from another perspective, although it may also be unnecessarily difficult. Either way, it was nice reading a new style from you. Your lyrics blog left a lot of open ends, but I feel it added to the overall tone of the piece. I like that the man remained a mystery and what lead you to that place also remained a mystery. I feel like listening to the song while reading the blog would have been more affective, but that was out of your control. Overall, I think your posts this week showed a different side of your writing.

John: In your Charlie Sheen blog you really captured the essence of who he is as a person. It is clear that he is someone you really admire and value. I am assuming the news story was based on him as a person, but I am honestly unclear. I feel the blog would have been more affective had I known exactly what the news story was. But overall, the style of writing matched the character being described. Within your lyric blog you captured the confusion and chaos of a relationship. I could really sense that confusion of loving who someone was, and hating who they are now. It was a very distinct tone and the lyrics reflected the situation nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment