Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Peer Review

Lindsey: My mouth was watering at the sounds of the marinara sauce and foreign taste you experienced in your trip abroad. This blog was very straight forward and to the point which is something I appreciated. It was an easy read and I was done in no time. I would challenge yourself to play with your form of writing with maybe a more poetic approach. Your blog about epilepsy was really interesting, especially with all the medical language you used. I think you should continue to write about these experiences. For this blog we were encouraged to allow the style of writing reflect the chaos of the situation and I would have liked to see that a bit more.

Jesse: In prompt 14, I really appreciated how you used the numbers to indicate different tid-bits at the end of the story. These facts actually is what made the story interesting and really captured your recipe. It reminded me a lot of my life, not knowing Spanish and too afraid to speak it. You used a different approach and I appreciate that risk. For your second blog, unflappable is now my favorite word. I was really surprised by the mans ear falling off. I would have liked to hear more about this, especially knowing you are rather skilled are writing intricate stories based on simplicity. That story was so interesting to me that the second part when you went to the hospital seemed misplaced. It was still great though.

Miranda: Keep writing. I really love your style. I missed reading your posts this week.

John: The recipe blog left me a little confused because of the flow of it. However, I didn't mind that at all, in fact it seemed appropriate. It was interesting how you revealed a lot of personal information in a very round about way. When you listed the recipes at the beginning, it really captured the monotony of eating the same thing over and over and over...I liked that it captured that essence, but reading all the recipes at once made my mind wonder. I would play with finding a way to keep intrigue and capture that monotony. Your so close to it! For your other blog, I'm surprised you hated it that much. I think it was more of you hating the moment you were stuck in than anything. I actually really enjoyed your reflection on being witness to just life. It was simple, easy to read, and honest. I've been there too though.

No comments:

Post a Comment