Tuesday, February 1, 2011

week 2 Peer Review

Lindsey:
I really enjoyed your post about the kitchen. You really captured the essence of the scene as I felt I were actually standing right there too. Furthermore, the kitchen really came to life with the memories of the door open or closed. It seems so functional and fun all at the same time. Congratulations on a new addition to the family! This post captured the excitement, pain, and joy all that come with having a child. The pictures brought the scene to life. For the Lucky SOB blog, I appreciated how you used the punchline as the title. I still didn't anticipate the story to end that way. I enjoyed the rhythm of that blog and would play with that writing style in future posts.

Jesus: Your word choice always amazes me as it brings out such a unique side to the story. It truly is a character of its own. Your blog about your brother was such a simple memory with so much substance and intrigue due to your strong sense of word choice. The voice changed drastically when writing from someone else perspective. How did you manage that? I really struggle using different voices while writing. Question, do you go by Jesse? If so, I can call you that instead. In your kitchen blog, I laughed when you wrote "I'm not involved in drug trafficking". Such a subtle use of humor that really naturally flowed with the story. I also appreciate how you integrated the description of the kitchen into a story rather than just describing the place. Overall, I really am enjoying reading your blog.

Miranda: Writing from your dogs perspective really brought to life a lot of things about you. What a clever character to choose. You do an amazing job at capturing simple moments and bringing them to life. The dating game is absolutely hilarious. You brought the dad's character to life with his tough edge, and how that reflected on his daughter. Although the daughter remained silent, her presence was still clear. Furthermore, the edginess of the father reflects in the daughter by describing her as grunge. This creates a clear and distinct relationship. I'm simply terrible with grammar and you always catch me, any suggestions?

John: Your blog on prompt 6 tone really caught my attention. The character was so angry and unsettled all while being very clear and descriptive. It made me feel uncomfortable (in a good way) like I as actually got caught in the crossfire of an conversation I shouldn't be apart of. I adored the voice used in this piece as a clear dialect came across. I loved the rawness of the kitchen blog. The relationship between mother and son is very distinct and clear here. In your fathers POV blog, almost brought me to tears. The use of questions created a definite tone and captured your message. Also, we aren't suppose to respond to this, but the blog about you is really great. I think repeating the same question over and over offered a lot of the overall flow of the story.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Some people call me Hey-Zeus, or Gee-zus, but I do prefer Jesse. Thanks for asking. And thanks for the kind words. It's encouraging even though I know I'm pretty much out of topics to write about.

    ReplyDelete