Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Peer Review

Brandon: Prompt 42 has been my favorite blog of yours so far. I love the details you used to describe each person. They were small, seemingly insignificant details that really captured the essence of who they were. I think your flow was strong and the story was captivating. For your next blog, I see where you were going but I think you knew you were missing pieces. Not actually witnessing genocide made it hard to write about, but you prefaced us with that so no one can hold it against you. Good work taking a risk and writing something you are passionate about.

Chelsee: for your blog on Hurt, what prompt was that? Sorry, I got confused. But I really enjoyed the poetic language you used to capture hurt. With something like this, I'm glad you took a more abstract route, it made the piece more powerful. For your next blog, I love that you are willing to be so vulnerable with your writing. I think this piece could be stronger if you threw in some poetic writing like you did with the previous blog. You are writing about something important and I think this will help people to relate more.

Leena: I think it is so great how you use personal experience to describe injustices in the world. I see this blog in two parts: part one is what you wrote, part two: a story where you are not personally invested in the story. I think writing the second part of that blog would push you in a new direction and offer new insight to the issue at hand. Overall, I enjoy the flow of your writing and your language choices. Your writing really comes across as an expression and an outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment