Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Peer Review

Hello new group!

Brandon: You have a very unique style of writing that makes my mind dart from one idea to the next. The flow of your writing is very straightforward and to the point as you write very distinctly and clearly. What is really interesting about this approach to writing is that is clear yet jagged. Each paragraph bounced from one thing to the next yet they all lied within the same topic. I think this is both a strength and a weakness. Sometimes I found myself a bit overwhelmed and had a hard time keeping up. But, it so clearly reflects your own personal experience allowing me to really feel apart of the confusion. I look forward to continue reading your writing.

Chelsee: For your first blog you had a very clear progression and flow. The story was easy to follow and the reader was able to grow with your experiences. Some of the sentences had an awkward flow with punctuation that may need revision. This is a personal weakness of mine, so it just stood out to me. I really enjoyed your second blog about working in the bookstore. I worked at the Starbucks there for awhile (a long while) so I am sure we has crossed paths. What I really appreciated about this blog is it was both informative and easy to read. You have a great sense of drawing the reader into your writing and making them feel apart of the experience! I look forward to keep reading your blog!


Leena: Your first blog about responsibility was able to distinctly follow the story as well as capture the emotional content of what was happening. Telling a story and adding emotion is difficult (especially without being overly emotional) but you accomplished this really well. The flow created the emotional confusion while the sentences told the story. For your second blog, I like how each little piece came together to create the overall tone of the place. You started with the building, moved to the people, and then did a mixture of both. The only feedback I feel I can give is to not be afraid to write more. Each of your blogs left me wanting just a little more and don't be afraid to go there! I look forward to continue reading your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment