Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Peer Review

Brandon: For the blog written in two different perspectives, I was completely shocked by the third person perspective. I even had to read it twice. I appreciate that you created such a unique viewpoint for someone else. I would recommend elaborating more on perspective two, it was a little confusing. Also for this style of writing I would suggest making some longer sentences to create a stronger flow. However, in your second blog, great use of rhythm and flow. You captured the awkward situation not just through description but also through rhythm. It added a lot to this post, so great work.

Chelsee: For your perspective blogs, I love your subtle use of humor. The story wasn't lighthearted and humorous but you added moments of it. This really made an enjoyable read because you didn't overwhelm the audience with emotion. You could have focused on the feeling of anxiety, but I appreciate that you made light of it. In the prompt it asked us to really envision the other person perspective and I could really hear your voice in both of them. I know I did the exact same thing as well, but I wonder what we could do to capture the essence of someone else's voice.

Leena: There is something so poetic about your posts in first and third perspective. The sense of rhythm and flow was so wonderful and really swept me up into the story. Also, it's also a topic I can relate to, so I appreciated it. You could have written more on both perspectives, the story wasn't incomplete, but there could be more. I really enjoyed your second blog as well. You give the reader just enough to get lost in the story without being over bearing. I loved how Brittany came to life through dialogue rather than description. I also appreciated the relationship between the two characters and how they balanced each other out. One came to life through inner dialogue and the other through speaking, which in itself reflected the personality of both characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment